What is GLAD?
A mentoring program initiative by the GCDLA which matches lawyers, trainees and/or GDLP/PLT students who are seeking support, guidance and mentoring with those lawyers offering their time, experience and knowledge.
Who should join GLAD?
GLAD is for anyone who is a current member of the GCDLA. It is for those:
- who may have changed their area of law and want guidance in that new area;
- who are thinking about or have changed career path, eg. from a larger firm to a boutique firm, or becoming in house counsel, or joining the not for profit sector;
- who are early in their legal career;
- who want to support other lawyers in their journey and provide guidance that they either wish they had or were grateful to receive; and/or
- who want to connect and communicate about matters relevant to their professional career and working life.
GLAD is for those lawyers who want to have the opportunity to create connections, on a one-to-one basis, and also as part of a community, for their own wellness and for their personal and professional development.
When and how does GLAD happen?
- There is no cost to join GLAD as this programme is a free benefit to our members.
- We will endeavour to match mentors and mentees ahead of the Christmas party, allowing an opportunity to connect before the end of year. The program will then commence early 2021 and run throughout the year until December 2021.
- There will be a number of opportunities throughout the year to meet, at free and/or subsidised events. This year, we will continue to meet and share ideas at breakfasts catch ups held every two months as well as other events focused on mentoring or wellness within the profession. We are also looking to create an online community to allow participants to communicate and share ideas throughout the year.
- All efforts will be made to match mentors with mentees based on areas of interest and other criteria.
For those who are interested in participating in the Mentoring Program but are not yet GCDLA members, you will need to join the GCDLA which you can do online via the following link: https://www.gcdla.com.au/membership
If you want to become a mentor and give guidance or a mentee and receive guidance, please complete this GLAD 2021 EOI Form.
Closing date for expressions of interest: 30 November 2020
Please return completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org